Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Arrival of Good-Byes

This year in 6th grade, we have done many things in Humanities. One of the pieces of work that I am proud of is my video about the Pharaoh Khufu. I'm proud of it because not only did I enjoy it, but I think we did a very good job with the recording and we worked hard to find pictures and when I showed the video to my family, they were all very impressed.

Although I didn't really any problems in humanities, I think one of my difficulties was finishing projects in time. Even though I used my time wisely and did them at home, I still had a bit of trouble and I ended up rushed a little near the end of our projects.

This year, humanities has taught me a lot of myself. One of the things that I learned is that I actually enjoy literature circles. I used to dread them because they were so much work but I really enjoy talking about the book that I'm reading because we predict and we try to figure out what is going to happen next.

Self Evaluation:

a) Behavior

Could be improved
Satisfactory
Perfect - the model student

Explanation: I think I have been well behaved for most of the year but sometimes I've been pulled off task a few times and sometimes I talk too much.

b) Participation

None
Satisfactory
Actively participate in class

Explanation: I feel that I have participated well in class because I know that I have asked many questions and raised my hand a lot in class.

c) Organization

Needs serious help
Satisfactory
I'm super organized

d) Effort

Needs serious help
Satisfactory
I always go above and beyond what is required.

If I had to make two goals for seventh grade, they would be:

Goal 1: In seventh grade, I plan to improve my persuasive writing because I find that I have trouble figuring out what to write even though I know the format of what I have to write, I just don't know what to write it about.

Goal 2: In seventh grade, I plan to improve my note taking skills because I remember that I tend to write to much when I take notes.

All that I want my teachers to know about me is that I like to do activities that all the students are involved in and that involve activities. I also like technology and I am the type of person who likes using the computers more than pen and paper. Despite that fact, I like to do it the old fashioned way with pen and paper every once in a while.

I would say that my favorite activity in humanities was literature circles because discussing the book that I'm reading really helps me understand because sometimes if I don't understand the book or a part of the book, I can just ask the people in my group to explain it to me.

I really wish we could have finished our auto-biography books that we started making because we put a lot of effort into starting it, it's a shame that we didn't finish it.

The only advice that I could give the next students are:
  • Do not procrastinate
  • Do your work on time
  • DO NOT CHAT IN CLASS!!! (unless it's about work)
  • Help your friends in class
  • Stay on task
  • Don't talk while the teacher is talking
  • Respect everyone around you and accept their ideas
  • Read the lit circle books carefully so that you don't get confused

No comments:

Post a Comment