Saturday, January 15, 2011

Learning Profiles: Profile A

In class one time, Mr. Whiting came in and taught us about learning profiles. If you know your learning profile, then it will be easy to learn because you know what you need to improve on and what your learning strengths are. I have an A profile meaning these things:

I learn best when I focus on the details of what I'm studying. The best ways I learn are by studying, communicating with others and writing. I like to do things in an orderly fashion meaning that I like to do things in order.

I could improve with my gestalt side of my brain. (The creative side.) Being a person who's logical side of the brain is more dominant, I need to do more of seeing the big idea or the big picture. I also need to improve with my ability to think more with more variety. If I could combine all my knowledge together, then it would help my learning process very much.

Things that I can do to help my learning process are if I brainstorm my ideas, I have to trust my instincts and just do what my gut tells me to, I have to express my emotions more, I should do more sports, I should learn that it's okay if I don't understand something and that there are things that are unusual like things can be two different things at the same time and lastly, I should role play personal happenings to understand the big idea. There are other things that people with A learning profiles could do to improve their learning but I feel I already do them.

I would like my teachers to know about me is that I am limited when working under stress. I like being organized so that I can find my things easily and I understand my own work. I am a student that enjoys doing activities that keep me active even though I am not a gestalt learner. I enjoy reading and writing the most. I enjoy activities that involve tech gadgets or things that we do on the computers.

This is a picture of my dominant body parts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment