Monday, January 24, 2011

City Connections Reflection

In humanities class, we had to make a project about our home city. We had to list environmental factors, historical factors and statistical factors. I did my project on Boston, Massachusetts.

I think I had good pictures, I spoke with a clear voice and I listed all my sources.

I need to improve on eye contact. I remember when I was looking at the screen a lot instead of looking at the audience.

I learnt that everyone has a different style of presenting. Some people had a table of contents while other people didn't have any introduction at all. I also noticed that some people really enjoyed presenting while others didn't really like the event.

From Micah's presentation, I learnt that Singapore was founded by Dr. Stamford Raffles. And from Raissa's presentation, I learnt that the population of Melbourne is 4,000,000 people and the ratio of males and females is 50:50.

I feel I could have done better with the environmental factors because I only had one. I feel I did well with the historical factors. For the statistical factors, I didn't get to put the languages that are spoken in Boston and I didn't put the religions that were practiced in Boston. I could have added more maps of Boston but I feel I had enough pictures in all. I also had all the websites I used for my research.

I think that I did pretty well for my presentation but I should have had more eye contact and I should've tried to grab the audience's attention. Ayaka and Dylan had a little game which made the presentations fun but I didn't even have much information. Other people had 10 slides while I had 6. I think I could have added more information on each subject. Otherwise, I think I did pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment