Saturday, November 19, 2011

Learning Profiles: Profile D

Last year, Mr. Whiting came into our humanities class to help us figure out our learning profiles. I found out that I was a learning profile A. This year, he came again and I've discovered that my learning profile has changed since then.

To figure out my learning profile, we had to find out which hand, foot, eye and ear was dominant. Last year, everything was the right side. But this year, my hand changed to left hand dominant. Just that minor difference changed my learning profile to D.

With a learning profile D, I learn best by focusing on visual and auditory details meaning that I listen and look carefully at what I'm learning. Also, I learn by analyzing meaning I make sure to look at every detail in what I'm learning. I like to do things in an orderly fashion, opposed to doing things all over the place, randomly. I need to see and hear details in order to learn.

My learning profile shows that I'm a left brain dominant learner meaning I'm a logic learner, opposed to gestalt learner. Logic learners need to focus more on the big idea, which is what gestalt learners do. I also need to improve with my ability to think with more variety.

Since my left hand is dominant, (although I'm right handed), it is connected to the gestalt side of the brain which causes me to need to use my hands to learn. Another thing that might help is sitting in the back of the classroom where I can doodle without disturbing the rest of the class.

Although my learning profile recommends that I doodle, I find that doodling doesn't really help me. A lot of the time, I just have something in my hands to fidget around with. I like to be organized so I can learn efficiently. When I'm under stress, I might have difficulty to communicate details logically in a verbal or written way.

No comments:

Post a Comment