Saturday, September 11, 2010

A TIME I HAD COURAGE - THE TOWER OF TERROR!!!!

Over the summer, when we went to Disney Land in Japan with some of my friends, we went on the 'Tower of Terror!'

While we were waiting in line, the adrenalin running through my veins made me shiver. As we got closer and closer to the beginning of the line, two other people who were also going on the ride started talking to us. They asked us to read the English on their sweater. At least there was something to take our mind off the terrifying ride. Once we were at the front of the line, we almost started to scream!

Before we get into the elevator, the show a video of the story about what happened in the 'hotel.' Luckily, everything was in Japanese, so it made the 5 minute movie less scary. My friend translated for me: 'Long, long ago, there was a man who went into the elevator to go up to his room. He suddenly stopped. He had realized that it wasn't the floor of his room. The elevator door opened, and someone on that floor gave him a green electric shock.' While I was watching the video, even without understanding, the visuals were enough to make me want to chicken out. Although I was so scared that I needed to go to the bathroom, I sucked up all my courage and walked into the next room. There was a grid on the floor the was designed according to the elevator itself. The staff lined us up so we knew where to sit when we get on the ride.

As we all poured into the elevator, my stomach started flipping and my friend started to frantically talk. We both said: "We might not make it! What if the ride breaks down? What will happen then? AAAHHHH!!" The guide walked away and the elevator doors closed. Once I couldn't see the guide anymore, I almost lost all my confidence.

The elevator was pitch black. It started moving backwards. The two girls who asked us to read their sweaters started screaming like crazy! As soon as the elevator went up, my friend and I started freaking out! We got to the top, and the doors opened. As we looked out at the whole of Disney Land, the next thing we knew we were already dropping! The elevator stopped again. We got to see the view for as second time. The next time we dropped, the door opened to a floor with a man who looked very frightened. Then another man electrocuted him  with green electricity. The two girls started laughing like crazy and I didn't realize that it was them! I had thought it was part of the ride! Just as the door was half way closed, the elevator dropped so fast that we could barely scream! The last thing that happened, the elevator went all the way up and let us see the beautiful sight of people who weren't afraid. All of a sudden, we felt this rush feeling in our chest. I realized that we were dropping! The reassuring thing was that we weren't the most scared in the elevator. The two girls that was talking to us earlier were screaming the whole way even when we stopped on the different floors!

When the ride ended, the two girls were still screaming. As we walked out of the elevator, we could still hear the girls screaming! Once we saw our mothers, we ran as fast as we could to go hug them. We were so excited to tell them about what happened in the ride. After we got home, we were still frantically talking about the TOWER OF TERROR!!! I have now decided that the TOWER OR TERROR, is definitely my favorite ride in all of Disney Land!



3 comments:

  1. Good job I think you spent a long time on it and wrote lots of details. You made some mistakes like, we got to see the view for as second time.
    Overall I think it was awsome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you put in a lot of details like "adrenalin running through my veins shiver." I didn't understand what you meant when you wrote "The two girls started laughing like crazy and I didn't realize I was them". But overall, it is very descriptive and it's great!
    Mao

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you explained about all the video, because I would have just said there was a scary video. You described it very well. Your story was very good! AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete